12/11/10

From the treasure of my heart
My mouth shall speak
Careful constructions
Measured and mortared
So they won't fall apart
Paint with colored streaks
Paper functions
As a soul's thin shard
A mirror for sadness
Joy, love, confusion
Turn the opaque white
To the clearest window
A stained-glass mess
Sharp shatters' illusion
Smoke and light
Song, dance, and show
The grand presentation
The structure of grace
Attempted transparency
Are no offhanded endeavor
No mere stray motivations
Pave the path to this place
Cost emotional currency
Demand pain with the pleasure
So in this calmness of storm
Tranquil waters unstirred
Peaceful and content
No extremes to pour
The mirror hangs forlorn
All sadness seems cured
The bottles I sent
Never reached the far shore
Feelings I canned
Their sweetness preserved
Relationship's richness remains
The fullness lulls to sleep
In this lush, green land
Safety undeserved
No volcanos or chains
Or love I can't keep
Monochromatic life
I am happy here
But I seek the expression
I had once before.

No comments: