12/11/10

I still miss you
Though I do not want you
Your lies and how you vanished
Shot to hell my sense of closure
You were so sweet
So trusting and kind
Your faithfulness and faith in me
Changed my mind and won me over
I'm sorry for a lot
For how I treated you
For trying to find the right path
Gave you what you wanted, but didn't need
I wish I'd known
My mistake was so final
I once trusted you enough
To cut and make me bleed
I hope you understand
More than you did before
That love is not a plaything
That stupidity has consequences
I wish you didn't know
That loving won't make someone stay
That being loved won't change your mind
That it's treacherous to trust your senses
Sometimes I wonder
Why you pretended at the end
Asked for my forgiveness
Used me and left again once I took the cat
It's unlike you
To be so heartless
I guess I earned it
But I wish you hadn't become that
Because of me.

No comments: